A study by CDC that is the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention revealed that 11% of high school seniors reported vaping with nicotine. Teens these days are grooving towards the latest trend that is vaping. Vaping is a healthier alternative to smoking and is preferred over it for its better benefits. Even the University of Michigan identified that the number of vapers in eighth and tenth grade grew up drastically. They said that almost 3 million teens use cigarette and this is almost 75% more than last year’s figures.
What is Vaping?
Vaping is the process of inhaling vapor created from heated e-liquids. These devices come with multiple names like Pod Mods, Vape Pens, Oils, and ENDS. The e-liquid can be of any flavor from mint to fruity or even tobacco. It uses batteries to heat the tank and aerosolize the liquid.
Why is Vaping Gaining Popularity?
Vaping is becoming the hottest trend in the market. Some reasons are listed below –
- It doesn’t have as many chemicals as cigarettes. Tobacco cigarettes have almost 7000 chemicals in them.
- It comes in many flavors and easily attracts youth and teens
- It helps a smoker get over his addiction to nicotine
- Peer pressure and style
- Does not lead to diseases
- Vaping causes no bad breath
What are the Concerns around Vaping?
Vaping gives rise to concerns as the health risks around it are not well documented and there is not adequate research to prove it. According to researchers from Yale, the actual health effects of vaping are not proven. The highly claimed fact of how vaping helps teens stop smoking is not proven.
- Teenage addiction has led to popularizing Juuling which is vaping using Juul brand of vapes. They do not consider Juuling to be vaping and so foster it.
- FDA seems to consider banning online e-cigarette sale by certain companies
- Vape pens and cigs are easy to conceal. This makes it tougher to find and prevent.
- Studies find that those teens who vape now will smoke later.
- Teens are not aware of the actual effects of vaping and this damages their development.
- It is difficult to detect even after smoking. Als,o quick dissipation of smoke causes a lot of concern.
Doing proper research is thus no more an option, it is a necessity. One has to know what the possible effects of vaping are to be able to regulate oneself. With evidence, one can understand the link between e-cigarettes and health.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe and get Access to receive Freebies
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.